What information do we collect from you?
LAUNDRYQUIP processes two types of information
- personal data you supply to us and
- data we collect about you
Personal data you supply to us: Communication Data
If you communicate with us, we process the information contained in your communication. This information may include:
- Your name
- Company / Business name
- Business address
- Contact Telephone / Mobile Numbers
- Email Addresses
- the content of your communication and any metadata generated when you use the contact form available on our website.
We will process that information to correspond with you and keep records of such correspondence.
If you contact us in the course of a business transaction, we process this data as part of a contract between us and we store this information as required for accounting and tax purposes. Under no circumstances will we share your personal details with a non-related third party.
If you are a customer contacting us with a query, we regard your communication as consent to process this data to reply to you. We will only share your information if it is necessary to complete our conversation. Once we have concluded our conversation, your information will be deleted from our systems.
Personal data you supply to us: Notification Data
LAUNDRYQUIP publishes a newsletter with information about new products / services, sales items and industry news. If you have subscribed to receive this newsletter, we will process your data, which consists of your name, email address, postal address, and phone number. This data is held by our newsletter service provider, Mailchimp.
We will not share this data with anyone and only use it to send you our newsletter or contact you by telephone or direct-mail. The legal basis for us processing this data is that you have consented to such processing or, where the data provided was consistent with the context of our business interests, namely industrial and commercial laundry and dry-cleaning equipment and solutions.
We are currently in the process of confirming all existing newsletter subscriptions. To ensure that you still wish to receive this communication, we will ask you to re-subscribe to our newsletter every three years. You may remove your name from the mailing list at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
Information we collect about you.
Every time you visit our website laundryquip.co.uk we collect the following information:
- Technical information relating to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We obtain this data through our analytics tracking system. We process this data, so we can monitor and analyse how our website is used so we can improve our website and the products/ services we offer.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including data and time), products/ services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page. We process this data, so we can monitor and analyse how our website is used so we can improve our website and our products/services.
We also collect data during the course of our daily business i.e visits, exchanging of business cards, or telephone enquiries.
Our website uses Google Analytics and Jetpack to monitor site performance and visitor engagement. We use MailChimp to collect signups to our newsletter.
Most web browsers allow users to control cookies through the browser settings. You may set up your computer to reject cookies altogether, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gooptout.
What counts as personal data?
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify someone, whether through direct or indirect means, including online identifiers such as cookies and location data.
We will ask consent when we collect any personal data.
- Subscribers must tick the consent box in email subscriptions to show they are willing to receive email from us and understand that we will not share this data with any unrelated third party.
- Any signups include consent for cookie usage
When will we disclose your personal data to others?
We may need to share your personal information with certain selected third parties for the purpose of providing our service to you.
We use an external hosting provider to host our website, store personal information, and provide our email account.
We use MailChimp for storing our mailing list and sending out email newsletters.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights or property, or the safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we store your personal data?
The new General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access the personal data we hold about you and the right to have your personal data corrected if there are errors or inaccuracies in it, or your personal data is incomplete.
You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to us processing your personal data.
And you have the right to be forgotten, which means you can request to have all your data deleted from our server or transferred to another company.
You can ask us to provide you with details of any personal data we hold about you, as long as you can offer appropriate evidence of your identity before we respond to your request. You can also ask us to correct the data we hold if you think it contains errors.
Email at either email@example.com and we will be happy to share with you any information we might hold about you.
Requests to remove your details from our servers will be carried out within 30 days and will be free of charge
We make every effort to ensure your personal data is stored safely. If we become aware of a breach of personal data, we will notify the Supervisory Authority within 72 hours unless the breach is harmless and poses no risk to the individual. If a breach is concluded to be high risk, we will inform the individual as well.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website contains links to the websites of relevant third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.